Policies & Procedures
Welcome to Citiline Studio of Dance’s 2017-2018 Dance Season! Following are our updated policies and procedures for our upcoming season.
- Drop-in All tuition is due day of class.
- Monthly Pass All tuition is due and payable at the first of the month. If your monthly tuition has not been paid in full by the 10th of the month, a $15.00 late fee will be added to your account.
- Quarterly Pass First payment is due prior to the first day of classes, second payment is due prior to 11/17/17, third payment is due prior to 1/24/18, and final payment is due prior 4/2/18. If your quarterly tuition has not been paid by due date a $15.00 late fee will be added to your account.
- Season Pass Payment for a season pass is due prior to the first day of classes. If your monthly tuition has not been paid by due 30th of September a $15.00 late fee will be added to your account and another payment plan must be chosen.
A $15.00 late fee will be added to each month’s tuition for a balance that is left unpaid. If your child is ill or you are going to be out of town, be sure to mail in your tuition to avoid the late fee. Checks can be placed in the tuition box in the lobby.
If tuition is 30 days past due, your child/children may not participate in any class activity until the tuition and/or any late fees are fully paid off.
Tuition is based on approximately 4 lessons per month. There is no extra charge for months with 5 weeks nor is there a reduction or discount for any classes missed or months with holidays.
No costumes will be given to students with over due balances. All accounts must be paid in full with your tuition for students to participate in the recital.
Make checks payable to Citiline Studio of Dance. PLEASE PUT THE STUDENTS NAME ON THE CHECK to insure proper credit to your account.
There is no change in payment or discounts given for classes missed.
ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. This includes your registration fee and any previously paid tuition and costume balances.
There is a yearly enrollment/registration fee of $15.00 per returning student or $25 per new student and is billed each September or upon enrollment.
Please note classes with fewer than 3 students may be reduced in time with no reduction in the monthly fee. For example, a one hour class with two dancers may be reduced to 45 minutes and the one hour fee will be charged.
Citiline Studio of Dance has a no refund policy. The studio office must be informed of all student withdrawals; otherwise, tuition charges will accrue. Tuition is not refunded for missed classes. Registration fee is non-refundable.
2. Private/Semi-Private Classes: Private and semi-private classes must be paid the day of the scheduled class or before. A $5.00 late fee will be charged and due prior to the beginning of the next private and/or semi-private class. There is a twenty-four (24) hour cancellation policy for private and semi-private class. Failing to provide the required twenty-four (24) hour cancellation notice to the office will result in the missed class being charged as a private or semi-private class.
3. Returned Checks: There will be a $30.00 service charge for all returned checks.
4. Missed Classes: There will be no refunds for missed classes. Make-up classes will be at the discretion of the instructor, there are no tuition reductions for students that go out of town or become ill. If you wish to hold your place in class, tuition should be paid.
5. Additional Fees/Costs: Tuition does not include recital/performance costumes, additional rehearsals, registration and recital/performance fees, recital/performance tickets, attire (including shoes, tights, and apparel), private and semi-private classes, traveling/lodging costs, or photography packages. There are absolutely no refunds or credits given for these fees and costs for any reason.
6. Recital Costume Fees: Each dancer will be charged a flat fee for each costume. Costume fees will include costume, tights & hair pieces. Shoes are extra. Please know there is a chance for special shoes to be purchased, but majority of the time, class shoes will be worn.
- $55 – for Baby Ballet (Creative Movement) – Level 2
- $70 – for Level 3 – Level 5
- Adults will bill separately.
Costume Fees can be broken up into two (2) payments – November & January. Full amounts will be added to your account the end of October, but you will only be required to pay half. Balance will be due in January or your dancer’s costumes will not be ordered. No refunds will be given once costumes are ordered. You will receive your costume even if you don’t participate in the show.
7. Holiday/Vacation Closings: The studio may be closed during holidays/vacations. Holiday/Vacation closings will be posted at least one (1) week before the holiday/vacation. There are no refunds/credits and tuition is NOT adjusted or prorated for holiday/vacation closings. However, if our facility is closed for holiday/vacation resulting in less than three (3) classes held in a given month for the student, the student can attend a make-up class or classes totaling a maximum of four (4) classes.
1. Timeliness: Please arrive on time, as late arrivals disrupt the entire class. No student will be permitted to enter class if they arrive more than a quarter of the way through class. It will be treated as a missed class. Ex. No later than 15 minutes late for an hour long class. Please let your teacher and/or Miss Lizzie know if you know that you are going to be late to class.
2. Food/Beverages: Light and healthy snacks (i.e. fruit, vegetables, nuts, granola bar, etc.) are allowed by our students and encouraged if a student is in multiple classes. Fast foods must remain in the lobby. Water and sport drinks (i.e. Gatorade, Powerade, etc.) are the only beverages students are permitted to bring to class. We have a water cooler and cups in the dressing room. We also have a small refrigerator and microwave for students to use.
3. Disruptive/Disrespectful Behavior: Please treat our studio as if it were your home (i.e. pick up after yourself, your children, and your guests; monitor your children not in class; do not stand on chairs or put feet on walls, etc.). Any person who shows negative or disrespectful behavior, including but not limited to poor sportsmanship, rude and/or aggressive comments, toward any other person may be asked to leave the premises and not to return. This type of behavior may also lead to the student’s account being immediately terminated without refund.
- Parents/Guardians/Bystanders: Please do not interrupt class for any reason, unless it is an emergency. (i.e. speak to a student or the instructor, parent/guardian coaching, parent/guardian discipline, etc.). If you would like to speak to the instructor, please leave a note for the instructor at the front desk or contact them via email or telephone. Conversations with the instructor before or after class is also discouraged, as it takes preparation and class time away from the instructor and/or students who are attending the next class.
- Students: Unruly classroom behavior will not be tolerated from any student. Students participating in class shall not cause a disruption to the class, including but not limited to not paying attention in class, not listening to the instructor’s direction, and/or actively causing a disruption in class. If such behavior occurs, the instructor has the discretion to respond in a manner reasonably necessary to regain the attention of the student and to stop the disruptive behavior, including but not limited to removing the student from class, brief time-out(s) for the student, and/or brief conditioning exercises (i.e. jumping jacks) for the student. There will be no refunds or credits given for missed time from class and if a student is asked to leave class, the class will be treated as a missed class.
4. Three or Less Students: If there are three (3) or less students in a class, class time may be reduced or class may be canceled and students will be asked to attend another class during the week. There are no refunds for a canceled class; however, the fee for that class can be transferred over to another day/time. In the event alternative arrangements cannot be made by the student’s parent/guardian, the student’s account can be credited for up to six (6) months.
5. Hands On Facility: This is a hands on facility. This means physical contact that is reasonably intended to coach, teach or demonstrate a particular skill or to prevent or lessen injury (i.e. spotting, catching) will be used. Infrequent, non-intentional physical contact, particularly contact which arises out of an error or a misjudgment on the part of the student and/or instructor does not constitute physical abuse. We have not adopted any specific definition of abuse; rather, it defers to such general sources and definitions for reference and application, depending upon the circumstances.
6. Viewing Policy: Unfortunately, we don’t have a viewing system for our studio. As much as we love families being supportive to their dancers, but always being in class is very distractive to the dancers. Once and while parents will be invited to come in the last few minutes of class to watch. Parents are asked to refrain from sitting in on class unless invited by the instructor. We will hold 2 parent’s viewing weeks, where parent’s will be invited to participate and/or watch the entire class.
7. Photography/Videography: For the safety and privacy of our students, no photography or videography can be taken during class without the instructor’s approval and may be cause to have the person leave the premises and not to return. Please contact the instructor or office staff to make arrangements for photographs and/or videography of your child, including a “first day” photograph with the instructor.
1. Attire: Appropriate dance attire must be worn during class. Students will not be able to attend class without proper attire, even for one day. Please see our Dress Code for each Level. Our Dress Code has been put in place so that each dancer will know what is expected of them and that they have proper attire for class. Since each student is asked to wear the same thing, we’ve noticed better focus and attention from the dancers and we’ve received comments that Moms like the dress code because they don’t have to argue with their daughters on what to wear.
***Secure Hair means that it will not easily fall out requiring a re-do every 10-15 minutes! If a bun is the best, than please wear a bun!
We expect all company to be the example to non-company members by following dress code without being told to do so. This is also a sign of respect to your instructors, as well as allows them to better teach you!
2. Concerns/Complaints: Please understand that our classes are back to back. Instructors are unable to take time from another class to answer questions about your child’s progress and/or behavior. Appointments can be scheduled with the director and/or the instructor to discuss all questions and/or concerns. If your question and/or concern is short/minimal, you may contact the director and/or the instructor by email at no additional cost.
3. Sick Policy: Students should remain fever, vomiting, and diarrhea free for at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to each class they attend. A student’s participation in class with slight colds, allergies, runny noses, etc. will be at the discretion of the instructor. Please call, text or email the studio if you will be missing class.
4. Snow Days: Safety is our most important concern when it comes snow and bad weather. We usually follow Manheim Twp and/or School District of Lancaster for closings. I do my best to make my call by 3:30 pm if we are closing. Closings will be posted on our website and Facebook page, emails and text messages will be sent to those with classes that evening. Make-up classes will be scheduled for the days we close the studio. If we stay open and you don’t feel safe driving in, please don’t risk it. You may attend another class for to make-up class.
Conestoga Fuels, Inc. has been kind enough to open up their parking lots to us, however, we have a few rules we need to follow.
- We need to mark our vehicles so they do not tow us, so please grab your ‘Citiline Parking Pass’. You may grab 1 for each vehicle you have. Pleaes leave it on your dashboard or hang it on your rear view mirror.
- Do NOT park in front of the Office Building or the Large Garage door at ANY TIME! Even if you are simply waiting for your dancer to come out, please DO NOT PARK there. Their offices are in the front and they receive deliveries at all hours of the day.
- I had to sign a waiver of liability that Conestoga Fuels, Inc. is not held responsible for any incident that may occur on their property.
So…where can we park? You may park in front of the warehouse to the left of the Large Garage door and to the right of the Transformers.
At Citiline Studio of Dance, we LOVE performing a recital at the end of the year to show friends and family all that the dancers have learned over the season. To help performers prepared for the show, we hold an In-Studio rehearsal (yes, at the studio) and a Dress Rehearsal (the Friday before the show at the venue). Our shows are usually on a Saturday at 2:00 pm. With the studio growing, there is a chance that we may have two (2) shows…one (1) for our younger students and Company dancers and the other show would showcase everyone else. The decision will be made in the Spring. We do our best not to have really long shows, but we want to give everyone their time to shine!
- In-Studio Rehearsal: We will hold a show rehearsal at the studio. Each day we will hold a different section of the show, in show order, for the dancers to get acclimated to the show order and what dance they follow.
- Mandatory Dress Rehearsal: This will be held at the venue on Friday evening. We start with the Tap Production dance, this is for ALL tappers, then the bow and then we start at the beginning of the show and do a complete run-thru. Dancers are allowed to leave after they have run all of their dances.
- More details will be sent out in the Spring.
We truly do our best to keep everyone informed with news that’s going on at the studio, upcoming dates and events and deadlines. Below are ways that we’ll be keeping you posted…
- Email – is our biggest way of communication. I personally prefer this way because I can reply in the middle of the night when I’m working.
- Website and Facebook page – Notifications of dates, events and happenings will be posted in both places.
- Dancer Folders – There are two (2) crates on the glass showcase in the lobby that has a folder for each student. Hard copies of newsletters and other information will be left in there for the dancer and/or parent to pick up. Please check your folder on a regular basis.
- Studio Newsletter – I really do my best to put together Monthly/Bi-Monthly newsletters. They will be emailed, posted on Parent Portal and a copy placed in your Dancer’s file.
- Bulletin Board – Often notices will be posted on the Bulletin Board at the front desk. Please keep an eye out.
- Large Calendar – Again, we do our best to keep it updated, but we keep a large formatted calendar on the lobby door. We keep 1-3 months posted so you can plan ahead.